Thread: Marland Relief Map 1:100 000

Guild Applicant

Post Marland Relief Map 1:100 000

Marland is my first effort. I used Wilbur and PhotoShop for this project. I admire the work I see on the Guild and hope to learn how to create an antique stlye map of this topography. I'm new to all this so I welcome help in improving on what is here.

Looks pretty nice! Although I noticed that you have national boundaries on your legend, but I don't see any on the map. Also, you should post a bigger version if you can The names are pretty difficult to read at this size.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Actually you can make out the national boundaries if you look *really* closely.

I imagine that a larger version would show off the details to better effect

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Applicant

Hi, The original is 16x20 inches @ 144 dpi and has pretty fine detail. I don't know how to post a larger version. I simply used the icon to "insert image". There are much better pictures at the links listed below. One link is the relief map and the other is a "Travelers Map" with vegetation, inns, topo and stuff like that.

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/a...landrelief.png
    http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/a...dTravelMap.png

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Ah, when you post - make sure you click the 'Go Advanced' button. Then you can use the attachment manager (the paperclip) to attach larger images.

Looks good. The different colours clearly represent elevations. It would be great to have a legend for those so that we can see how large the hills are in the middle. I'd also lighten and desaturate the sea a little. It's a bit dominant right now. One other thing is that your compass looks to be lit top right, whereas your landmasses are lit top left. It's a small thing but something of a pet niggle.

Otherwise this looks really great. I'm eternally impressed by anyone that uses Wilbur to good effect. Thanks for posting this, and welcome to the guild!