Thread: Corel PHOTO-PAINT Tutorial I

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Tutorial Corel PHOTO-PAINT Tutorial I

Here it is, Rythal's semi grunge Photo-Paint tutorial. Didn't give away all of my secrets, but there is definitely enough for the average cartographer to come up with a very respectable map. Heck even my Dad was able to do it (with some help, most of which I have now included in the tut). Please feel free to let me know about any problems, as some of the processes are a little complicated, and were hard to include on the tut. Its a 5 pager (including the title page) with a lot of pics, though I'm sure some stuff got left out. anyways, enjoi!

Note: Doesn't include simpler things like labeling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rythals' Corel PP Tutorial I.pdf  
    Last edited by Rythal; 02-08-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Map

Wow.. just wow.. I've been using Photo-Paint since Version 6 during the 1990s and I've never created anything like this before. Thank you sooo much for posting this here. It's given me a great jumping off point to make awesome looking maps.
    Below is a sample map I created while following along in the tutorial. Noticed some weird grid lines showing up on the map, not sure what caused those and the cut out thing (I'd never used that before) is the reason I have so many mountains around the edges of the islands. Yet, this gives the map a unique look because of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SampleMap.png 
Views:	578 
Size:	907.0 KB 
ID:	27128
    Last edited by LordJR; 07-16-2010 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Add in map