Thread: February 2010 Entry: Rotating Madness

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default February 2010 Entry: Rotating Madness

Heya, finally got a silly idea for a dungeon. Not gonne do a 3d-ish arty thingie but trying to do something functional that more looks like a map The idea is a changing dungeon, not by magic but by some mechanical mechanism. Every round (or something) the dungeon (divided in 3 discs) will rotate 45 degrees in opposite directions. So for the DM he better use scissors and a needle to create a little model to keep track of the current shape of the dungeon .. as for the players, i'd like to see them get in and out to grab the treasure.. let alone map this ... not sure if this set-up is too complicated or just plain easy, would have to try it but not running a campaign currently so I guess it will not be trialled extensively ... After each turn the players will be a little dizzy. Direction sense (or a compass if they have one) may give away some clues. Also watching how the doors shift when they "open" and "close" may give away some info... Story/Hook to be invented yet ... also have to experiment with printability .... anyway, here's the 1st thing i made...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OnePageDungeon.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	993.2 KB 
ID:	21965  
    Last edited by Djekspek; 02-08-2010 at 07:45 PM.