Thread: Three Dimensional Walls With Single Point Perspective

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Three Dimensional Walls With Single Point Perspective

I've seen a handful of computer generated "dungeoney" maps with three dimensional walls drawn with single point perspective. I tried to putz around in Photoshop to find a workable way to fake the effect, but I didn't end up with anything really useful.

What software should I set my sights on to play around with this?
    Last edited by Nytmare; 02-09-2010 at 02:50 PM.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Well. The easiest solution (for me) would be to use Google SketchUp. It's a free 3d-modeling software, and does perspective and parallel projection (paraline/isometric). The learning curve is a little steep, but one can pick up pretty quickly.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Depends on what kind of approach you are comfortable with. It has been mentionesd a few times somewhere around here that what some people have done is do the layout in a plan view (top down) then turn that into a perspective view. How that is done would depend on the prog, but I would assume that it would be somewhere under the View menu. I would suggest having a grid on the layout before switching to the perspective cause it will aid you later picking out points in the proper scale. Once you have the perspective view you can start building your 3D image.

I hope that helps
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent