Thread: Greetings, good people!

Default Greetings, good people!

Hello.

I discovered this site as part of my interest in fantasy maps.

I'm not sure what started that interest - maybe it was the Myth games, maybe it was LotR, maybe both.

I live in northern California (within spitting distance of Santa Cruz), and have a great interest in the historical Middle Ages as well as fantasy, so I tend towards being concerned with "realistic" (as opposed to "merely" having vermisiltude) more than most fantasy fans - one of my odd quirks, nothing more.

Looking forward to learning, and hopefully contributing something.

P.S. : Elennsar is from the Elven (Sindarin) words Elen and sar(n). The extra n has no meaning except to avoid name duplication.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome and have fun poking around.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hi Elensar, welcome to the Guild! If you like fantasy maps, then you've come to the right place. There are lots of great tutorials on fantasy map-making located in the tutorials, sub-section, and Ravells has posted a very helpful "Quickstart Guide to Fantasy Mapping" sticky located at the top of the Member Introductions sub-forum. I hope you will decide to contribute some of your work with us.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh