Thread: The surrounding lands of Eventhar

Guild Journeyer

Wip The surrounding lands of Eventhar

Eventhar is a major trade city located in the shores of Lake Ebinar, connecting the east with the west.

I am planning to have an adventure (or more) to take place in the surrounding region so I decided to make a map. I wanted an old feeling to the map, maybe giving it to the player's as a handout. Also, it is a quite small area, which I want to develop and since all of my maps were lost during a hard disk failure I think it is a nice starting point.

So anyway, this is the progress so far. I am a little troubled about the color choices, but I have an alternative in mind. Extra praises and thanks to Ramah and vhailor27 for their brush sets. Actually the whole map is based on them, so I don't think I have done much...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eventhar-region2 copy.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	286.7 KB 
ID:	21985  

Looks pretty good to me. I actually really like your color choices. Only suggestion is that if Eventhar is the major city you might want to get that city a little more towards the middle of the page. It's likely that your players are going to want to go there...and they might head south. Of course, you can make the area south of the river A Bad Place that no one wants to visit anyway.
    M

It looks really good so far! The colours look just fine to me A few of the trees look like they have darker shadows than the other trees. Love the font! Like Mearrin said, if it's a map of the lands surrounding Eventhar, it would probably be a good idea to show all the lands surrounding it