Thread: 15 Minute Tomb

Default 15 Minute Tomb

A very quick tomb map from this week's game. Inspired by NeonKnights Trollhaunt maps. I wanted to make a map that looked reasonable but didn't take half a day to draw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tomb A.JPG 
Views:	326 
Size:	559.9 KB 
ID:	21991  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, that works. I'd say that you did a pretty good dungeon in a really short time-span so...job well done
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Looks pretty good. I sure couldn't do that in 15 minutes! What software are you using if I might ask?

.TM7
    Currently using Photoshop CS3, GIMP, MapTool, and planning to try Inkscape, Illustrator and Wilbur "real soon now."
    Running and playing as much 4e as I can.
    All work I post here and refer to as "mine" can be used under this Creative Commons license

I'm sure you could do it easily.
    I used photoshop. Created two layers. The bottom I filled with the floor mosaic tiles texture and the top was rendered clouds filter in blue and black. I then cut out the rooms with the rectangular marquee tool. Next I set the top level style to a deep chiselled bevel, tweaked the colours and contrast and flattened it. Secret door is just typed in with outer glow setitng. Cropped out the perimeter bevel and saved as a bmp.

I then imported it into Profantasy Dungeon Designer 3 to add the symbols. Then saved it as a JPG. Done.

I know my maps aren't as pretty as some, but I GM a 13 hour gaming session every week, and run 2 businesses so I like to get my prep done fast.

Blog Entries

Thats impressive for 15 mins. I think that time spent is a crucial factor and one that we cant normally assess withe all the maps here. Some of the maps look so good and you know they have way more hours pumped into them than I or most can possibly afford to give. I am always looking for the cheap short cut. It usually does not look quite as good but its better than not starting or having only a limited number of maps to show instead.