Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Mutant Chronicles map please :)

Guild Novice

Default Need Mutant Chronicles map please :)

Greetings-

I'm new here (can't you tell?) My son and I play a boardgame called Mutant Chronicles. The existing maps are kind of dull and I came here to request someone to make a map for us.

The miniatures are 54mm (quite large)
    The map should be in a standard print size (36"x48" or something close to that)
    White hexes are 1" in size with a white dot in the centre (for line of sight determination)
    2D top-down view
    The inside of a ruined gothic church (or cathedral) with broken pews, cast down edifices, alcoves, narrow upper levels, etc
    The game is set in the future with heavy Bauhaus style elements, everything is overwrought (think Chronicles of Riddick's Necromongers)

Some examples of MC outdoor maps can be seen here (sorry, the link is in Spanish)
    http://mutantchronicles.mforos.com/1...-no-oficiales/

I don't have a fixed timeline here for the creation, I'm in no hurry, but a few months or so would be fine
    Unsure of fair pay but I'm willing to start with $50.00 and discuss from there
    Can pay via PayPal, or send a check if you wish

Contact me here or via my main email address (erik (at) richmonder (dot) com)
    Cheers!

P.S. Some examples of famous churches are starting points:
    http://www.planetware.com/i/map/SCV/...church-map.jpg
    http://images.acswebnetworks.com/1/49/ChurchMap.jpg

The only question would be scale... What does 1" represent? St. Peters is about 800 ft long. On a 48" map that would be 16' per inch. I don't know how the game is played but with 2+inch minis, each mini would be about 35 feet.

What is the normal hex scale?

-Rob A>

Mutant Chronicles is one of my favorite settings.
    It's a shame that a movie had to come out too late to do the property any good. Also a shame that the movie wasn't that good.
    Are you collecting the new line of MC pieces? I have some of them since they are on clearance everywhere.
    I like the original MC better and can sit for hours just looking at all the work that went into the art.
    You might try tracking down Siege of the Citadel if you don't already own a copy.

As far as the map goes, I'd be more than happy to work on a map once I finish my current workload. In about 3 weeks.
    -D

Guild Novice

Oh, that's an excellent question! I do not know...let me see if I can find out

According to what I have read the scale IS 54mm, which doesn't mean much I suppose.
    Each Miniature represents one creature, so a standard fight is between two teams of 6 people each (represented by 6 minis) so my guess is each Inch would be, say 10 feet.

Sadly, I don't think they ever took proper scale into account, hence the reason the game failed, the scale turned off a lot of people (as well as the price)

My son is a mere 8 years old, so we're not too hardcore about correctness of things like this. Range for attacking is measured in hexes as opposed to feet, so my opinion would be to use your best judgement

However, I may have been mistaken about the size of the hexes, I think it's more like 2" side to side, but will know more when I get home and properly measure (I was going from memory)

Guild Novice

I checked when I got home, the hexes are 2" from widest point to widest point, sorry for the confusion and the book makes no mention of proper scale, only referring to the Hexes as "hexes"

I am collecting the new MC figs as the clearance prices are *dirt* cheap and that's how we got into this game. It's not a bad game at all, just weirdly scaled, and of course no maps for it

Heroscape hexes *just* fit under each mini and we've been doing some Heroscape-based maps as well but again, that's all outdoors and I wanted an indoor based map so I could teach my son about tactics, cover, strategy, etc.
    Last edited by attack_donut; 02-11-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: tyops

Not sure if you wanted to go with Rob or myself.
    I could start working on it anytime now.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinNight View Post
    Not sure if you wanted to go with Rob or myself.
    I could start working on it anytime now.
    I'm too tied up at the moment. All yours if He is still interested.

Rob A>

Guild Novice

Devin, I'm still in the market for it if you want to undertake this

I'm willing and able.
    I've got a fairly good idea of what you are wanting based on the MC maps supplied with the game.
    I'll start work this week and PM you my contact info.
    Thanks.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Attack_donut - as pms are switched off until you hit 5 posts you'll need to post once more for Devin to pm you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast