Thread: Gimp 2.6 (differences from 2.4 and tutorials)

Help Gimp 2.6 (differences from 2.4 and tutorials)

Is it just me or is there a big differnece between gimp 2.6 and 2.4 cuz i cant find alot of the stuff in the award winning tutorial
    Last edited by RobA; 02-23-2010 at 08:44 AM.

Unfortunately, the folks did move a lot of options around. Most things still are there, but they now are in strange and mysterious places where one never thinks of seeking them.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

RobA has said recently that he was thinking of updating that tut when 2.7 is released. And Yup, there is a big dif. and like Mark said, a lot of stuff got moved to "more logical" locations.........
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    RobA has said recently that he was thinking of updating that tut when 2.7 is released. And Yup, there is a big dif. and like Mark said, a lot of stuff got moved to "more logical" locations.........
    Plus I know much more now, so there are a number of things that could be improved upon AND simplify things.

Two big things that will change some of the techniques in 2.8 are angular (rotating) brushes and layer groups, which should really help with managing/organizing things. For example, we should be able to set a layer mask for a group of layers, rather than hacing to keep applying the same mask to multiple layers.

(Moving this to the software forum...)

-Rob A>

Rob,
    Grouped Layers would be AWESOME. That allows you to group together many layers of text, shift them around and still be able to edit the text without merging them into a "graphic" layer.

Built in rotating brushes would probably be very cool.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store