Thread: Commission village map for Guild Companion

Default Commission village map for Guild Companion

Since I post my various personal, commissioned and contest maps on various forums, I pick up new commission work everywhere I go. This time the Guild Companion, an Iron Crown Enterprises RMSS fan created monthly printed magazine with collected articles and adventures. The publisher, Dr. Nicholas Cauldwell contacted me about creating a couple maps for the next issue.

Two maps - just working on the first one for now for two different adventures - both one-shots I believe.

The first map (posted below) is the Village of Tomme. Its a small logging camp turned village of about 100 in population. Very small and only includes five mentioned buildings in addition to farmer/logger residences. Two structures are significant - a timber mill, which is the large open space near the bottom of the map, note the ramp piers in the water, this is to roll logs into the river where it will be guided downstream to HighTimber the nearest town about 25 miles southwest. The other building will be a village tavern/inn which will sit in the last cut path near the top of the map (right side, right bank of river.)

The inset pre-placed in the top right corner will have a detailed interior view of the tavern/inn, the most significant structure in this adventure.

The map is currently in WIP status, I need structures and trees to hand-draw and place yet. I will post the other map when I get to that next (in a day or two.)

Doing it with my newish hand-drawn/Xara enhanced style - enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tomme.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	22236  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Default Next update

The village of Tomme is progressing and almost complete. I need to add timber piles in the sawmill yard, some roped off floating timbers in the river, then create the interior map for the Woodpecker Inn and place in the inset at the top. Then, that's it. On to the next commission.

GP

Name:	tomme-new.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	570.2 KB 
ID:	22260  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

definitly got the "GP-style-signature" which means: cool stuff

Looks great. Those trees are awesome.
    M

Default How to make a simple map into something complicated...

Finally finished this first map of two, next a single story manse. The client wanted an overview of the entire village, but I didn't want to create a whole second map so I placed a second inset in the unused lower right corner, moved the title block down smaller, after making it a single line. Had to slice off part of the right side and bottom - requirements for printed version is 6.25 x 8.75 300 dpi.

This map is done.

GP

Name:	tomme-final.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	693.5 KB 
ID:	22343  
    DrivethruRPG store

That does look great Gamerprinter! Cool textures and I like the little insets.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done GP.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.