Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deviant Art Group

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, using the banner is fine on the links page but it's best if we come up with our own logos for the DA group as it is a separate entity to the guild.

I guess we should at that, but it has to be 100x50. Kind of a shame they won't allow a square 50 x50 image or something.

Also, If it's alright with you guys, I'd like to make Djekspek, and Torstan group leaders/admins/whatever. We need some people on there that have a bit more experience and time in this community than I do.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I would have thought we'd be able to fit the little animated gif in there somewhere? It's here:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/mi...ild_button.gif

If you're saying that DA will only take 50 by 50 images then I'm sure we can get something in that vein to use as a link back to here.

I'm more than happy to help out though my time is a little limited.

That icon is awesome, but DA won't allow anything other than 100x50. I don't know why they couldn't allow different resolutions, but whatever.
    If any of the contributors have a chance, I've left a few of the submitted works 'Un-approved' could someone confirm that contributors have the authority to approve art?

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

I've approved some of the works and also posted a journal with the info of the new group. This brought some new members.

Default Banner idea

what say you folks that the next lite mapping challenge be a banner design for the Guilds Deviant art group?

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

I don't think this fits for the lite challenge; challenges should be map related. Instead, proposals could be posted here.

I'll be joining ASAP. Good idea, by the way!
    I'm new here. Don't kill me, please!.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Anyone else besides me getting ominous messages from their anti-virus software besides me when they log onto DA? Is it just because of the links that people can post in their submissions that I'm getting messages like the one below?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WTF..jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	22523  

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Must be the links, which one is doing that to you? I'm not having any problems from here (firefox, if it matters)
    (going directly to the ip on the screenshot gives me "NO! BAD TOUCH!" but nothing from DA.. i meant which DA page did you try to load )
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 03-03-2010 at 03:37 AM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast