Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dnd.chromesphere.com - Dragonshore Town & Region Map Request

Default dnd.chromesphere.com - Dragonshore Town & Region Map Request

Hi all,

I am the creator of dnd.chromesphere.com. A D&D 'solo' based website, I have been working on casually over the last couple of years.

I would kindly ask, if there are any willing map makers out there, for 2 maps for the site; one of the town of Dragonshore and one zoomed out, of the surrounding country side.

I have 2 sketches of both of these areas. No labelling of the map of any kind is required, i can do that in fireworks. Any style is ok.

http://dnd.chromesphere.com/scan0001.jpg

http://dnd.chromesphere.com/scan0003.jpg

http://dnd.chromesphere.com/scan0008.jpg

There are 2 scans of Dragonshore Town. My scanner feels compelled to guess what size the image is so i have attached both. You should be able to see everything between the 2 pics.

The sketches are some what detailed, the digital map does not have to be this way. Something basic is fine.

Unfortunately, the site makes around about 10c a month from advertising so i can't offer this as a paid job, but it does get a decent amount of traffic and I can post a thank you and direct link to a site of yours if desired. And of course you would have my thanks!

Thanks for your consideration!

Paul.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

This seems like a relatively simple task, I would be happy to attempt this for you; I need the practice. A few quick question(s) though.

Firstly, how large of an image are you expecting? This is with regards to both the physical dimensions of the image, and the scale necessary for the town and the over-all surrounding area.

Hi Golem,

Thanks for your response.

Im thinking physical size, about a4, or a square a4 if you know what i mean. Doesnt have to be huge. But something that the players can print of would be nice.

As far as the map scale goes...well, for the town, its supposed to be a small town. The map only shows the 'shop' buildings. You can add extra houses around the outside if you like though. Unfortunately i have no idea of the inch per kilometre ratio though. Whatever you think is reasonable?

As for the outside area, again, its not a HUGE country, its just a small region. I was thinking that it would take a days journey (by foot) to get to stonebreak outpost from dragonshore...that might be 20-30 miles? Something like that...or whatever you think fits. Suffice to say, scale isnt critical for either map :-) i hope i haven't confused you here...

Oh yeah, one other quick thing, can you leave the maps completely unlabelled? No numbers, no names, nothing. The reason i'm requesting this is that I haven't actually finished the campaign and want the freedom to be able to change the names of things around if needed.

Thanks again for your help Golem!

Paul

Regarding the town, I wasn't thinking in terms of "inch per kilometer" but more like, how big the buildings are supposed to be. For example, your building number 9 looks as though it could be an inn. Roughly how big were you expecting that to be?

Oh right! Sorry im with you. Well, your right, number 5 is an inn. The buildings in the sketch are the correct size. i've gone over the key and they are all around the size i would like.

I'll list them here for you, might help you...

1) Commoners Residence
    2) " "
    3) Bookshop
    4) Blacksmith
    5) Inn
    6) Commoners Residence
    7) General Store
    Townhall
    9) Temple
    10) Commoners Residence

All the ones named Commoners Residence my be changed to something more interesting down the track.

Hope i've answer the question correctly this time.

Paul.

Hi Ravells,

Im unsure of the ettiquette here, are you offering to have a shot at it, or are you saying i SHOULD mark it as taken?

I can't see any harm in trying if you like...

Paul

My apologies. I've unfortunately been rather busy lately, so I haven't had a chance to even attempt a start on this.

I was primarily only interesting in working on the village map, but I could also try a stab at the other one. I have the next few days free (I think), so I should be able to churn these things out without much of a problem.

Hi Golem,

No problems! Whenever you get some time is ok. you can do one or the other, doesnt matter, If the threads still 'untaken' someone else might offer to do the region map, although i'm quite happy for you to attempt at it as well, your choice.

Ravells could you leave this thread untaken? Incase Golem can't do the region map? Might need assistance from someone else depending.

Cheers,
    Paul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast