Thread: Lyzrd stomp's texture site [photoshop]

Post Lyzrd stomp's texture site [photoshop]

This site has been on my bookmarks for ages. This man is an utter genius for texturing, design and general all round geeky coolness. Although it's intended for 3d modelling, there is so much I've used here for mapmaking.

for example, take a look at his 'Dirty pitted metal' tutorial....pure gold. It's not metal, it's a landscape.....just change the colours!

If you like Science Fiction...well then you'll be right at home without having to adapt the tutorials to fantasy.

Ravs

I'll second that one.

I have come up with GIMP equivalents of most of his tutorials, as well. (And then I started reading his article on creating you own alien letters, and ended up getting completely sidetracked!)

-Rob A>

I'll have to look into this to "change out" them repetetive fill styles people have critiqued me about.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

It's really hard to repeat an organic fill style more than four or so times without the repeats showing. I find it much better to use filters, noise and/or high res digital photos to make a big organic texture that you don't have to tile.

I would definitely go with as large of tiles as you can. The smaller the tile the more noticeable the repetition will be.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    I would definitely go with as large of tiles as you can. The smaller the tile the more noticeable the repetition will be.
    And if you just have to use a small texture, multiply it ,or otherwise blend it with a larger noise layer to hide the small tiling.

Absolutely, and a good use for the Render-->Clouds or Add Noise filters.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.