Thread: Valentine's Day Project

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Default Valentine's Day Project

Well, naturally I didn't think of keeping the Te Amo map as a surprise until now, it would have been **perfect**.

So I had to improvise, I've already outdone myself so many times I decided not to try doing that this year.

So i worked up something a bit simpler, but I have a feeling it's going to go over well nonetheless.

And then I figured I may as well share it for those who need ideas of their own - it might be a little late for this year but someone might find it useful for next year

(and i can make the psd file available for those who want to customize it for their own situations, hah)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coupons.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	22125  

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

While it's a sweet gesture, to be sure, I think my girlfriend would be a bit annoyed if I gave these coupons to her.
    She would say something to the effect of:

"So I need a coupon for you to actually pay attention to me. Thanks a lot, honey!" and "Of course I am right and you are wrong, I don't need a coupon to prove that!" and "Why do I only get ONE 'smile, nod and just do it' coupon for a whole year!?"

And dude, do you realize how long an hour of back-rubbing is? My hands would go numb...

hhaha

yeah, I know how it *could* come across, and I'd be inclined to do these things without a coupon anyhow.

The part that went over well is that I thought of her, and remembered her, was obviously thinking about her. that's what made her happiest. *proof* that she's in my thoughts when she's not around

And these are products of conversations we've had in the past that went along the lines of "come pay attention to me" "Ok, I'll be there in a bit, I'm just working on this map" and then forgetting to follow up on that
    Oh, and I'm backrub king, an hour is nothing...

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ow my eyes, my eyes! I saw "chick-flick" as a coupon and now I'm blind. Fun stuff, bro. Hopefully I can use them some day.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Could have been worse, I could have just gone with what I know is going to end up happening when the next twilight movie comes out.. "good for 1 Vampire Chick Flick"

My finished maps

Coyote> Those things you just suck up, gouge your eyes out and then whinge about special effects.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Haha, very nice Coyotemax. I think it's great that you do these kind of things for your wife.
    I do agree this could actually backfire when given to some women, but I am guessing you know your wife quite well

So is she going to use these coupons, you think?

And an hour of backrubbing? Yikes... my wife's back would be red by then, but maybe I am not too good at backrubbing
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Very nice Coyetemax. I've given my wife a couple of coupons like these for Valentines day before, but NOT 8 of them all at once! Man, you're quite a bit more adventurous than I am. Seriously though, kudos for romantic brilliance.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Yeah, i wouldn't have done this if I didn't know it would go over well
    We had a running joke years back about a coupon I made (before we got married) that was good for 1 Hug. I forgot to put an expiration date, or that it wasn't a one use thing, and she kept reusing it

Yeah, she'll probably cash them in. On the other hand they're all things I would do anyhow, this gives us more things to laugh about together

My finished maps