Thread: Hello. :3

Default Hello. :3

Hello guild. You can call me Kanik. Or Kurisari, or Kuri, or anything along those lines. I am... what I'd like to call a veteran cartographer, as I've been at it for some five years, but I am completely self-taught. I received no formal training, no tutorial-based training, and no Q&A-style help in my technique. What I do is purely logic, instinct, adaptation, and a little studying. Despite this, I'm rather proud of my work - one might even say arrogant! I've scarcely come across a single fantasy world on the vast internet which I have seen fit to admit is mapped or conceptualized anywhere near my level.

So how pleasantly surprised was I when I came across the Cartographer's Guild, and saw so MANY that were so worthy of praise! I joined because I feel I'm in good company here; maybe even better than I! I'm hoping I can learn a lot from you all and become even better at my passion. Here's hoping for the best!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

Many of us are self-taught or a few such as me, a complete hack - so look around, play with some of the tutorials and post up some of your work.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome and have fun poking around and be sure to show us what ya got.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Well, not mincing the words there. Good that you have joined - I reckon you'll have a full show room of gold compasses in no time. The challenges are savage and the voting can be a little odd at times but the bar is definitely rising each month so get into the next one and duke it out a bit.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected AutumnRain's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild! There's definately a lot of talent here!
    Edmond: There are 72,519 stones in my walls. I've counted them many times.
    Abbe Faria: But have you named them yet? ~ The Count of Monte Cristo

Welcome to the Guild! Post some of your work.