Thread: ...make a map using photoshop?

Default ...make a map using photoshop?

I was using Campaign Cartographer all the time, but I'm a bit tired, because all maps looks the same. I want to create a map for my new book, and I've decided to use photoshop.

Maybe you can give me some advice.

I'll also post the progress here.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

This forum is generally for finished tutorials rather than requests for information. This kind of question is best placed in the How do I... ? forum.

That said, I'd recommend a number of the tutorials in this forum to get you started. For Photoshop I'd suggest going through Ascension's My Atlas Style in PS. It's a good start in PS and will get you some nice results. Then throw up a WIP in the relevant mapping forum and with some comments you'll be getting there in no time.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yep, as torstan said, look in the tutorial threads (start with the sticky threads) try some - and post in the WIP ... and we'll be glad to offer advice then, we're a lot of experienced photoshop users in here
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Ok, thanks for advice. I'll start right there. =)