Thread: Enderra v2 - WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip Enderra v2 - WIP

Hi Guys! After a long absence caused by moving & new real-life job... I am now back and I am beginning to work on world building again.

I'm currently revisiting my fantasy world, in anticipation of its 20th anniverssary in 2012. It's a fairly starndard fantasy world used for D&D campaigns and such things, and it needs consolidation and updating so that I can actually call it a world "design".

So one of the things I need to work out early on, because so much depends on it, is geography. Unlike my usual "scientific" approach, Enderra is quite clearly a world shaped by gods. Since the laws of physics still apply, winds and ocean currents and climate zones will still have to be realistic, but I can get away with pretty arbitrary landmasses. One region / continent of the world has been fairly well mapped over the years, and this is the basis (the north-eastern continent) from which I began working.

Attached:

1) Map of the world. The further from the NE-Continent you get, the rougher the draft. The general layout of the continents is fine, the shapes need some tweaking.

2) Zoomed section of the NE-Continent. This is where the campaigns and other material is actually set. The arc-shaped lake in the center will almost certainly disappear or at least change a lot.

- Nils
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map2010c-small.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	22148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map2010c-small2.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	22149