Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP- Shadow Crest - Westfall - Vaea

Wip

Well as far as the game is concerned this is the finished product with Title, Legend and Labels as well is the final houses.

I have looked and looked again and do not feel that there is anything missing. What does CG think?

I have also done a night version mucking around with some other effects.. Not that it is much use as a map.

Anyways I look forward to the feedback

Thanks a bunch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShadowCrestTowerv3.22.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	629.1 KB 
ID:	22347

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShadowCrestTowerNightv3.3.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	22348

Hey nice, i was just mucking around with the idea of doing a night shot but couldn't get around having to do all the street lights.

Will rep if i can.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Thanks

I originally had a whole heap more lights but I stripped them out because I doubted that a farming community would have an abundance of torches alight at night fall. So I just kept the lights around the Inn's, Watch House, Town Hall and the Bridges with a few in between.

The next map will be a region map or a high pop port city. Not sure what style to try.

I would make the patterns of the plots for the farming land rather like a rectangular grid. In my opinion it would be more realistic.

You've made a good progress in your WIP and I like the result very much. If you think it is finished you could move it over to the Finished Map section.

Good idea Katto. I have been umming and ahhing over whether I am happy with the border. I am debating over whether I should put in a formal border or keep it informal.

Al, thanks for the pont about the plots. Originally I had a bunch of sqaures and rectangles but it looked a little to formal.. As much as it is not realistic the non uniform mosaic tiles help to communicate the un-planned nature of this town.

The original/historical tower and fortifications have been kept sharp and clean where the houses, roads and farmlands are soft and relatively un structured.

Any thoughts on the border out there?

Personally I go with a pseudo formal border. Something thats looks slightly professional, or not even that, like a simple metal or wooden frame with maybe a few ornamental features (patterns, gems, etc) in the corners. I'd go for a more ornate/formal border if it were a larger map but i think using such a border here would distract from the actual map, but it is up to you.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Thanks Lone.. I think I might work on something a little more formal for it and keep the frills to a minimum as you have suggested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12