Thread: Kingdom of Amberan

Guild Novice

Wip Kingdom of Amberan

So, this will be a remake of a hand-drawn map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amberien.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	969.3 KB 
ID:	22130

After drawing the outlines of the mountains, rivers & streets in illustrator, I'll do the rest with PS. I added a background; i can't work without. Now I want to draw the forests. Due to the strong perspective look of the mountains, I don't know how. First I'll go to the tutorials.

Name:	Amberien Remake.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	22131

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

The mountains look great, though, I would like to see the gray shading go all the way to the black outlines. It looks kinda strange to have those gaps in between, especially when it's one mountain in front of the other.

The slight drop shadow on the rivers give them a bit of character. Nice.

Keep up the good work.

I like the feel of this map. has an asian feel to it. I don't know if its supposed to, but for me it does. I really like those mountains and that paper look. good work!
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.

Looken good so far Lutwik. I think the hand drawn map looks good too, but the addition of the aged parchment really adds something. Looking forward to seeing this one progress.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Guild Novice

Though there's a lot of work to do on the job, i had to draw some trees. I almost went mad, cause i could not find suitable tree brushes as well as make some on my own. So I made a pattern out of curves. As long as there's no other inspiration or suggestion I'll keep up working on cities, landmarks etc.

Name:	Amberan Re WIP Forest.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	659.0 KB 
ID:	22283

The left forest / border of the map will be extended. I want to place the legend on this side.