Thread: First free commissioned map

Default First free commissioned map

my first commissioned map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	draft 10.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	22193  
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.

Thanks for sharing Davros! It looks pretty good I think. The symbols are a bit basic, but work well together.

One thing I noticed: to the north there's a cloud of smoke coming from a volcano/mountain. Some of the tree trunks seem to be on top of it.
    Also, why did you use a different color for the mountains to the northwest?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

thanks for pointing out the trees and the volcanos, i'll fix those. The symbol set was one he liked, and it does seem to work together i think. The mountains were specifiedt that they were grey. I enjoyed working on the map. Hopefully his group likes iit.

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice map. I think I may steal the name "Sunset Ocean" for one of my worlds, if you don't mind! - There are two weird rivers on the western peninsula, they seem to just "disappear" and go nowhere. Is this intentional? The river in the NE corner runs "through" a mountain - I am guessing this is an underground river?

Anyway! No biggie, but in case those are not intended, I thought I'd point them out. (polishes River Police badge.)

I don't have a problem with you using any of the names, but they really aren't mine, they are the guy i'm doing this for. But I don't think he would have a problem with it. Do all rivers have to end in lakes or at the oceans?? I went ahead and added lakes to the ends of them. I thought maybe they could just peter out. thx,

Marc

Most rivers end in the sea, and probably over 99.9% end in a sea or lake (or another river). A few rivers do "peter out," for example the Okavango River in Africa. Apparently it used to end in a lake, but the lake dried up due to changing climate resulting in desertification. See this thread for some excellent river advice.
    Visit Tornalia (it's beautiful this time of year)

It's simple, but I like it. The one issue I saw that could use fixing is "Man's Road", where the "M" and "a" overlap.