Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBOS AstroSynthesis?

Guild Apprentice

Here in the great metropolis that is Bakers Hill (population about 280) things are starting to warm up. The paddocks are already turning brown, thus turning my attention to mapping a desert city.

By no means an expert with mapping programs I have been doing a lot of cross planetary mapping between FWE since I run a SciFi game which uses NBOS for much of its data,and CC2 using the Cosmographer export in FT, for some reason this export does not work with the current vertion of FT and CC3 but only with version 2.2 of FT and CC2.

But back on the subject of Astrosynthesis it is quite versatile and you can define your own custom fields as well. It cannot do everything of course but I find it very useful, even essential.
    Happiness is knowing your mapping software won't crash partway through an operation.

280?! Well at least you have Internet access which is something.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Member

Thread necromancy, but here was the "finished" shot of this planet.

Post Terraformer And Astrosynthesis.

I made the TERRAFORMER package for FT PRO to produce maps that were multifunctional. Maps that could not only serve as flat maps - but also textures for 3d model worlds that would be rendered in a 3d app. Astrosynthesis can use FT PRO to generate maps. Terraformer shaders within FT PRO - or saved FT PRO worlds functioning as ASTROSYNTHESIS worlds would render in ASTROSYNTHESIS to appear very VERY realistic.
    The Terrafmer shaders can also be used to create planet blazons for system markers that are outstanding!

I created several globe models within BRYCE 5.5 also using the Terraformer shaders within FT PRO to create the model textures.

I am currently working on Terraformer 0.50 - and it should be available for download on your Profantasy Software Product Registration / update Page whaen it is completed.
    Last edited by PlanetDesigner; 11-23-2008 at 09:00 AM.
    "A good heart is better than all the heads in the world." Author Edward Lytton

Guild Member

AWSOME PlanetDesigner... I'm VERY looking forward to this. Repped.

However, I don't use Bryce. I only have Poser6, Vue4 & Carrara5/6 for rendering.

For this to show up in the available downloads, will it show up for those who have purchased/registered FT? I have CC2, CA, FT & Cosmo.

Post Ft pro + terraformer

Yes MGCJerry,

In answering your question "For this to show up in the available downloads, will it show up for those who have purchased/registered FT? I have CC2, CA, FT & Cosmo. "

The current version of Terraformer For FT PRO (Release 0.001) is available right now on your Profantasy Software Registration Page, you'll need to update to FT PRO 2.3 (free update) to use Terraformer, which is also in the same section of the downloads on the Profantasy Product Registration Page as the Terraformer Package (right hand column).

The exported maps produced by FT PRO (Spherical Maps) can fit around any model sphere created in Poser, Bryce, Carrera, Hexagon, Anim8tor, Blender, Wings, K3d, etc.. They're just standard cylindrical textures exported in spherical map form.

On the registration page there is also a link to the .pdf Terraformer Users Manual that can explain a lot more than I can in this posting.
    "A good heart is better than all the heads in the world." Author Edward Lytton

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123