Thread: Forced Acknowledgement before posting in some threads

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Default Forced Acknowledgement before posting in some threads

I recall having been on a site once where in order to post on certain forums you needed to specifically acknowledge particular rules before it would allow you to submit. When you clicked the "New Post" button in a relevant forum with very specific guidelines, it would include the guidelines needed for posting on the submission page, and checkboxes for each point.

I don't recall what kind of software it was running, and it was a few years ago. My thought was that if there was some kind of setup like that available for this site's software, it might reduce the number of times new members posting in the Map Request area need to be asked to read the sticky and update their posts in order to provide requested information.

It might not work for all cases, but it might work for a few people.. if it's something that's available, that is.

Just a thought.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Good idea but I think people will always wander into this place with questions.

The real trick, and people are good here, is to not get sour about someone's first question because its your one hundred and first.

I think there could be some sort of tutorial mode though.

Sigurd

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I wasn't meaning to come across as being sour, just trying to come up with a suggestion that could be helpful is all.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."