Thread: The region around castle happydeath

Map The region around castle happydeath

Anyone who frequents the Paizo forums, or follows their RPG SuperStar Competition, will probably have seen the blog post from SKR about good/bad map submissions. These maps aren't meant to be pretty, just functional, and useful to be passed to a prof cartographer to be made into something pretty to publish. well, I was bored last night, so I took the "A-" submission, and attempted to pretty it up.

This took me about 5 hours in total, and it's my first GIMP overland map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SKR Based map.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	22282

Let me know what you think...

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I like it. Lovely colour choice for the grass.

I'd have gone for a less vivid blue, but it does stand out.

On a separate note - the map turnover had no mountains or hills on it. It also didn't show roads. Now roads and hills you can probably get away with just adding in, but a mountain range is going to be a major addition that changes things. Probably best not to throw in a mountain range for artistic merit!

Thanks Torstan.

If this was an actual turnover for an actual *thing*, I'm sure you'd be right. I started out thinking "well there must be roads to link these places" and then had a big gap where the roads weren't straight, and though "why?", so I stuck some terrain in there.... Possibly more higher hills than mountains.