Thread: Eastern Kailon Empire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Eastern Kailon Empire

Hi all, usually do the 3d-drawing kinda maps but wanted to experiment with painted and atlas style. Result is the Kailon map. For WIP see WIP-thread. Thanks all for the nice C&C during the WIP! I had a blast and learned a lot making this, what else can one ask for cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EasternKailonEmpire.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	22241  

Brave, beautiful map. I tried to rep you but i need to spread the love around some more before i can do it again. Did you do those mountains in photoshop, they're some of the best i've seen.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Looks awesome! it reminds me of that dragon Age map that was up in the general discussion a while ago. Repped

Blog Entries

Amazing map, Djekspek. I agree with Rythal and I suspect the Dragon Age map was a heavy influence on this map. Great stuff.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Very good work. The rivers could maybe use a bit greater contrast, but that's just nitpicking. It's an all-around gorgeous map

Beautiful map! I especially like the usage of color and that roughened and then blended texture you have on the map. How did you come by the color palette, or why did you pick the colors you did. You inspired me so much, this has gone into the folder I keep for inspiration when wanting to start a mapping project. I will look in the WIP thread and see if you covered any of this already... again, thats a really nice and well done map.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Well done, again. Beautiful colours.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Really excellent. Well done.

thanks all for the nice comments! Indeed, the dragon age map was the main inspiration for this one and I picked most colors in the palette from that one (although I saturated them a little). It was done completely in PS and all handdrawn except for the fonts, compass and the parchment. I also used a grunge texture to 'roughen it up a little'. cheers.