Thread: How do I select slopes in Wilbur?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question How do I select slopes in Wilbur?

So, in Wilbur, I've figured out how to Select>>From Terrain>>Facing Direction>>Azimuth Angle to snag particular facing directions of my mountain slopes, but the thing that is throwing me is the Elevation Angle selection. I would assume that this feature would allow me to select particular slope angles (i.e. steeper portions of the slope as opposed to those that are more gradual), but I was wondering about the selection constraints. I see constraints for both Minimum and Maximum Elevation angles, but these are broken down into a Start and End value. I was wondering if Waldonrate (or anyone else familiar with this feature, for that matter) might be able to clarify what these values represent and how they are interpreted in terms of selecting from the terrain.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Elevation angle selection does seem to be broken and I'm not really sure why, I'll take a look at it if I get some free time. Elevation SHOULD work in the same manner as the azimuth values do (except over a range of 0=horizontal to 90=vertical for elevation rather than 0=north, 90=east, 180-south, 270=west for azimuth) and blend with any azimuth value, but it seems that there's a math error in there somewhere. Maybe more than one.

No worries. I just wanted to be sure that was the way it was meant to work. I haven't updated to the latest version of Wilbur just yet (the previous version is still serving me just fine at the moment), so it may be that the feature still works as it is supposed to. If not, still no worries, I have another way of isolating the steeper slopes, it's just a bit more painful.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges