Thread: Encounter Map- The Cave of the Sporelord

Map Encounter Map- The Cave of the Sporelord

This is an encounter map that I just completed for a new 4E supplement called "Kill or Be Killed".

Background:
    After climbing up a steep cliff face over a nigh bottomless crevice, you come to a massive cavern. Here a subterranean river once ran, to pour over the cliff and down into the depths below, but something has nearly dried it up. Patches of mud and pools of water are all that remain of the ancient river.

The cave is alive with giant mushroom growths, many of them glow pale in the darkness, casting the shadows of stalactites and stalagmites dimly around the chamber walls.
    In the distance, a huge pile of boulders moves in the wan light. It rises to become a man-shaped form, and it fixes you with burning orange eyes, filled with hate.

The squares containing stalactites, stalagmites, rubble, mushrooms, and mud are all difficult terrain, and some of the mud and mushrooms actually are dangerous hazards, but of course, it's often hard to tell what is dangerous and what is not before it is too late!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Encounter Map - The Sporelord.png 
Views:	1274 
Size:	4.61 MB 
ID:	22393  
    Life is the game that must be played. ~Edwin Arlington Robinson
    ...but who the heck is DM'ing?

Very nice production values!

.TM7
    Currently using Photoshop CS3, GIMP, MapTool, and planning to try Inkscape, Illustrator and Wilbur "real soon now."
    Running and playing as much 4e as I can.
    All work I post here and refer to as "mine" can be used under this Creative Commons license

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Nice map design. It's not my favourite style (a bit stark in the colour contrasts) but it's a very clear encounter map. I'd have no problem picking this up and playing through the encounter. Well done.