Thread: Carved Caverns

Default Carved Caverns

I just finished my third "D20 Cartographer Adventure Map," the Carved Caverns. These maps come on several 10 x 16 card stock panels, which have alternate map layouts on each side (so the edges of each panel should fit seamlessly with the edges of the next panel, no matter which sides you choose to use) resulting in several possible combination and a lot more re-usability than traditional game-mats. Basically I wanted some of the flexibility of dungeon tiles and the cohesive art and large scale of things like Paizo Flip-mats.

The Carved Caverns are made up of three of these panels, so there are eight possible combination. One side has rather generic empty caverns, and the other side has different landmarks for the DM if they need quest hooks or eye candy.

This set ends up being about 30" x 16" so it should have a pretty decent scale. I will post one of the possible combinations here: the top and bottom 'empty cavern' sides and the middle landmark side, namely a secret smuggler's cache behind a false-wall.

These projects are always done in 300DPI, purely in photoshop, and I often use Genetica Viewer for textures.

The official product page is here: http://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/...-adventure-map if you want to see some the other combinations. I always offer a free printable 8.5 x 11 sample map under 'downloads' which anyone is welcome to print and use in your campaigns at no charge.

You can also check out the "work in progress" in the subterranean/dungeon mapping forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	One%20of%208%20combinations.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	346.6 KB 
ID:	22302  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 02-20-2010 at 08:29 PM.

Hey that looks really nice! Great job. Repped.

Cheers,

-Tad