Thread: Underground Temple

Default Underground Temple

Carved Caverns

This is my second finished "D20 Cartographer Adventure Map," the Underground Temple. These maps come on several 10 x 16 card stock panels, which have alternate map layouts on each side (so the edges of each panel should fit seamlessly with the edges of the next panel, no matter which sides you choose to use) resulting in several possible combination and a lot more re-usability than traditional game-mats. Basically I wanted some of the flexibility of dungeon tiles and the cohesive art and large scale of things like Paizo Flip-mats.

The Underground Temple is made up of six of these panels, so there are sixty-four possible combination. The full scale of this map set ends up being about 30" x 32" so it is really quite large. I will post one of the possible combinations here as an example

These projects are always done in 300DPI, purely in photoshop, and I often use Genetica Viewer for textures.

The official product page is here: http://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/...-adventure-map if you want to see some the other combinations. I always offer a free printable 8.5 x 11 sample map under 'downloads' which anyone is welcome to print and use in your campaigns at no charge.

You can also check out the "work in progress" in the subterranean/dungeon mapping forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1of64.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	831.6 KB 
ID:	22305  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 02-20-2010 at 08:29 PM.

I like your colour choices. The green and the red are very satisfying. The map feels a little like a calligraphy initial It has a pleasant curve and strong white outline against the green earth.

Nice cavern.

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

I like the way the missing tiles at the top get tossed into those caverns. That can be pure dungeon dressing, or the GM could make it very significant. Generally speaking, a nice job of adding detail to the basic structure without going into the over-detailed realm that turns me off of a lot of more recent dungeon maps.