Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could you please color my map?

Default Could you please color my map?

http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/a...nt=Felseth.jpg
    i'd like to keep the artistic borders and the hand painted mountains, you could erase the trees and add new ones using brushes, the coast in the gulf I prefer to be textured as sand, the cliffs around the peninsula are steep cliffs and i'd like them to be rocky, the mountains i'd like to have snowy peaks, the valleys and the hills around the mountains are lush, whilst the most flat areas are sorta deserty (but not sahara desert type of desert, more like middle east type desert sands) i'd like it to have areas with grass aswell, the vegetation being more abundant near and in the mountains and near rivers, i'd prefer this to have rivers aswell, the southern landmass is more desert then the north, the gulf of tasminthe being especially rich in vegetation, each red marker is a city, i'd like them to be conected by roads, you could delete my compas if you find a more suiting one, the scale (sorry I know nothing about scaling so I took a guess, the paper is a4 (30 wide 21 high, in cms) and each square in my scale is half a cm, equalling 50 real meters, 30x21=630 x 50=31500 square meters, 31.5 square km)
    i'd be grateful for ages if you help me out.
    thanks for considering my request.
    god bless.
    Paul.

giving this a bump just incase.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Are you looking to just have this one colored or are you wanting a completely different style? Maybe you could have a look through the Finished Maps section and post a link here to show us what you're looking for. For what it's worth, I think your map looks pretty nice except for the red squares.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

heh the red squares are just a reference for cities, I put them there just for a friend at school so he could get an idea of where everything is located,
    http://nazarenodelastorres.net/image...nte_n-uevo.jpg
    this photo is a reference for the kind of terrain and color scheme I wish to be present, with the exception of forest and woodland wich I want more green, with greater concentration near the mountian, and the mountain itself I would like to be snow topped, I would like the textures not to flash too much, as for text, no text please I would like to add it on my own later on when I think of the names, the water I would like to be of a more pale and opalescent color, soft to the eye, I would like folds and a faux paper effect (but quite subtle, not too flashy) also i'd like a scale and a compass, the map itself preferably high resolution, some rivers and a lake if possible (but I would like them to look rather small in comparison with the map itself, the map covers not 31 sq kilometers, sorry I had miscalculated it, 62 sq kilometers, that's the size of the province, the gulf I would like to be coasty and the poor vegetation that exists to be made of eucaliptus trees mainly (our coast is like that here) sands being less thin, darker and with grey tones.
    Last edited by dragonsnout; 02-24-2010 at 06:20 AM.

You still haven't shown us a style that you would like to have, unless you're wanting photo-realistic, because the photo gives us a feel for the setting. I'm guessing that you want a completely new map using this one as a template, correct?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

yeah but not too realistic, I am shooting for something that suits both as a game map and as an ingame map, has to be soft on the eye and not bother it in any manner, soft textures, not too realistic, but high resolution so that detail could be added (such as bird view of cities) and a soft colour scheme, I do want to use this map as a template, I hand it out as a reference, as long as you keep the gulf, the peninsula and the mountains everything else can be done in any possible way, this map I intend to use as a reference for when I make the heightmap and import it ingame, thus creating all playable regions, and I also intend to use this as a final game map, one that you could use for when you explore and such.

I keep trying to get you to post a link to an example of something similar to what you are wanting but you just won't. I don't think you're going to get any takers until you do. Anyone here could do up something but without knowing where you want to go with it you'll likely be beating your head against a wall as the artist tries to figure out what you want. Some people just can't do certain styles yet. Just look at the Finished Maps section and find a few examples of what you like and then copy the url address and paste it here. Most of us are visually oriented so having concrete examples goes a lot further than just a bunch of words saying "I want this but not that".

Ok, I apologize, it´s just that I didn´t really mind pretty much anything as an outcome, but here´s a few references to what i´d possibly like the map to be like:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...3&d=1266894340
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/fe...JasmineMap.jpg
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/feature/VaniyaMap.jpg

I'd like something like a cross between the three, favouring the Jasmine map most, but perhaps with mountains in the style of the first listed map, vaniya I like for being soft to the eye, something that could be used as a game map, i'd like the resolution to be high so that I can add on cities later, I am doing the cities by hand on paper, then scanning them and pasting them in, same goes for the text, I just want plain land and water, no text at all, i'd prefer it to have a scale and a compas, the map covers 62 sq kilometers.
    thanks in advance.
    paul.

Giving this another bump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast