Thread: CC3- Stretching objects

Help CC3- Stretching objects

I'm trying to use the images from the CC3 files, and the CLUAC batch I downloaded, to make a dungeon. However, I'm finding that the Up and Down folders don't have all the stair sizes I need.

I've tried taking their basic 1x2 stairs and manipulating them, but all I've been able to do is a direct scaling. However, what I'm really needing to do is turn them into things like full 1x1 squares, or widening them so that the width is greater than the length.

Is there any tool in CC3 that's designed to stretch items without scaling them?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Edit: I'm doing this in Dungeon Designer, if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by GamerRay; 02-22-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Elothan's Avatar

I am not sure (and not at CC3 right now), but you could check the symbol manager and se if there is a individual X/Y scaling. Otherwise it should be an easy task to do in Gimp or Photoshop.

Individual x/y scaling did it. Thanks Elothan!

Guild Member Facebook Connected Elothan's Avatar

No problemo-
    Just used cc3 a few weeks, so it was more a guess than anything

Rather than rescale every use of that symbol in your map in Symbol Manager or edit a symbol's PNG in an image program to create a new symbol, you could also rescale a symbol like stairs individually at the time you place them. Select the symbol, right click, and in the Symbols Parameters box that pops up, check the Independent X and Y box under Scale and then enter the exact X and Y scaling you want there (leave the value at 1 to not scale it in that direction). Then click the More button and place your symbol. That way, if you need to use the symbol again at a different size, you can rescale as described above again (or click Set Normal button to go back to the default).
    Last edited by jaerdaph; 03-02-2010 at 11:50 PM.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales