Thread: February Challenge: Three Witches and a Hermit.

Blog Entries

Default February Challenge: Three Witches and a Hermit.

So I really should be doing other work but this challenge did sound fun and I like some of the prizes so what they hey...

Its a bit aimless this one and I am sure that theres better art and story but its all I could come up with at short notice. So C&Cs time. Any spelling errors and other comments please.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wip1.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	22380  

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

that hermit is a champ.

C&C: the text is a bit plain, and the rock slide/stalagmite/ rocks all dont really fit the grainy background.

That said, I think you could almost make this slightly funny (3 witches and a hermit has a lot of potential)...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Come and knock on our door, we've been waiting for you. Where the kisses are hers and hers and his....blah blah blah
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Other than the fact that the witches may never even see the adventurers, nice map.

The "Many remains of various races," ends with a comma so it looks like you are missing something.

Nice map.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the comments ill see about fixing some of them.

The idea of the map is that the hermit and witches never meet because of the rock slide in the middle and barricaded tunnel but if the PC's are to get to the other side then they have to open that up and go through the unused bit and out the other side. I would agree that its a bit of a lame idea. I guess it could be funny in several ways but ill leave that up to the GM. I tried to keep the description loose so that its pretty open to interpretation and stat generation.

Blog Entries

Another attempt. I made some of the text bigger, fixed the comma, changed the icon for the stalagmites and added a little more fluff to it here and there but nothing too drastic. I think ill be out of time so this is probably it. I have got a nice script to add text to maps in any font but I used this one and I haven't the time to go back and redo it all again so I think ill just have to live with it. Also I think a clean font will print better but that's just making excuses for myself.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wip2.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	22417  

Blog Entries

Kensata is linking my entry here which is really supposed to be this one for his compo...

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/OnePageDungeon/index.htm

Blog Entries

I love it when a minimalist approach works and this one does Red Robes. I've never been good at keeping things simple. Great entry!