Thread: Please help me make convincing continental shelves

Default Please help me make convincing continental shelves

Hello all!

I am just starting to get into mapmaking using Wilbur and Fractal Terrains 3.

I am getting to know the software and I've followed many tutorials on this site, but I still have no idea how to make continental shelves. I was hoping to get some help from the sages on this site.

I have attached the image of what I am trying to create.

Which program (and which features therein) will help me achieve this effect?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shelves.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	109805

Hello Courage!

First off: I think this belongs in the How Do I??? forum. I'm relatively new, so I'm not sure how to move a thread yet.

Now, from what I've seen of both programs, I think of the two Wilbur has maps that come closer to the one you attached.
    But you might want to look at what's out there if that is exactly what you want. This thread is a list of mapmaking software.

I hope that helps
    I have a deviantART and an Instagram! Shiny

Guild Applicant

Info Please help me make convincing continental shelves

In Fractal Terrains there's a setting called 'Continental Shelves at" where you set the depth of continental shelves, and mark them active. This setting is in the World Settings dialogue, "Secondary" tab. The World Settings dialogue is found under the "Map" menu entry.