Thread: Hi from Scotland

Default Hi from Scotland

Hello all, I discovered this site after it was mentioned on the Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space RPG forums, so I thought I'd check it out. I'm not very skilled at map design, but I have dabbled with AutoRealm somewhat in the past, and I've created hand-drawn maps on graph paper before then.

I'm joining the site mainly in the hopes of improving my own skills at map building, and possibly finding some maps that are free to use for my own campaigns if I'm in a tight spot. At the moment I'm trying to find a decent modern city map to use as the main setting for a Doctor Who campaign on RPGnet, and a research-type outpost for another campaign I'm running IRL.

Anyway, good to be here, and look forward to chatting with you all. ^_^

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Yay - another Who fan

I did a map with a Who theme with some top town tokens to use too.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...-to-flee-Skaro

Anyway, welcome. So wheres the link to the Who RPG forum that got this site linked ? What was it about ??

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Nice to see another Scot on here. Welcome to the Guild. Redrobes maintains a members map (in his sig) - stick a pin in.

Hey, welcome to the guild! You'll definatly improve your mapping skills if you do some of the tutorials. I actually didn't know how to make a map at all until last week. Now I can do some fairly decent stuff.

Welcome to the Guild. For a modern city, just pick up a road map. Or if you want a lot of information on a major city that you aren't really familiar with, pick up a travel guide book. You'll get maps and lots of ideas for interesting locations and local color. Mapping cities is one of the hardest mapping tasks there is, so when you can fill your need with existing resources, it just makes sense. For on-line use, if your players need a reference, modern cities have maps online already, so you don't need to distribute anything.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

Remember not to double park the Tardis...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hi all, thanks for the welcome, guys. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Yay - another Who fan

I did a map with a Who theme with some top town tokens to use too.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...-to-flee-Skaro

Anyway, welcome. So wheres the link to the Who RPG forum that got this site linked ? What was it about ??
    The forum can be located at http://dwaitas.proboards.com/ . The actual topic that drew my attention to this site was a thread for Spaceship Deck Plans, in the Campaigns, Adventures, Scenarios and Seeds section. All Who fans/roleplayers are most welcome...at least I should think so. ^^;