Thread: A new guy's introduction

Default A new guy's introduction

hi,

as the title (and the chosen forum) suggests, I'm a new member. ITT I'll tell you a bit more about myself. If you are not interested, feel free to close this thread at this point. You have been forewarned. The name I tend to use on the Internet is (and has always been) car'a'carn if you know where this comes from, good for you. Only a few lines in and my respect for you has already grown. If you don't know where it comes from, don't worry there will most likely be more occasions to get on my good side

I've been a passionate fantasy-fan from my childhood. I think I read every fantasy-labeled book in the local library. A few years ago I started to expand this hobby of mine by roleplaying. All my adventures can be found on various forums. I will not bore you to death with a list of these forums. I'm sure that if you're truly interested, you'll find them on your own. Now it's time to expand this hobby even further. Over the time I've been imagining a new world. I think it's time to start creating it. That's where this forum comes in to play. I've never created a complete map in my life, but I've never been afraid of learning something new...

Apart from that, what else do you need to know about me, probably nothing. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna tell you more. I'm in college, studying IT. I consider this to be more than just an education. I chose this sector because I find it interesting. IMHO there is no point in studying something you don't like. These studies determine what you do with the rest of you live, so at least pick something you like. Why I tell you this: I write programs in my free time. I tend to mix my hobbies up and combine them as much as possible. I've seen free cartography tools and I consider them (mostly) junk. I've never seen a tool that makes a realistic map. Maybe someday...

Well that's about all for now. If you have more questions, feel free to ask them, I'll answer them if possible.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

thanks for the welcome

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Glad to have ya here.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.