• Mearrin69 - The Tomn of Le Wushi

0 0%
  • Mrrkyl - U-Turn Challenge

6 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** Feb 2010 Challenge Voting - OPDC***

Blog Entries

Hey Jugg, ill take that spoon if you don't mind !

RedRobes> I hereby knight thee with this weapon... Sir Wooden of the Spoon
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

I voted for Ascension's Tunnels of Turrack the Terrible and Juggernaut1981's Dr. Tsath's Laboratory. The first is full of old-timey goodness, makes excellent use of randomization, has a great font choice, and just seems right all around. Print and go. Dr. Tsath's Laboratory lacks a little in specificity, but that makes it perfect for a player handout. Again, print and serve. Moody, period, and lovely, it is a wonderful bit of work. It was hardest not to vote for the two entries leading the vote. Djekspek provided a very creative entry, with a good backstory, and excellent presentation. However, some of the floor looks more like modern kitchen tile than something I'd expect in a crypt. The scale seems off, too. I'd think a grand tomb of such legendary nature ought to be a bit bigger. Finally, the bevel on the walls doesn't really work for me. These are all very minor issues, but once I got down to four choices, that was all that was left. The Bone Harvest appeals with its wonderful bits of detail drawing. Unfortunately, near the end, these were somewhat detracted from by IMO overdoing the paper texture and grunge, so that these drawing are not shown to best effect. Also, the mummies kind of look like they're flying, but I think that would have been mentioned if it were intended. The text has also been made less contrasting than it could be for easier reading. Again, this is very fine piece of work and very hard to eliminate from consideration. Really, the whole competition was full of good work and I expect all of them will see use by someone.

Blog Entries

Ascension - is there an official end date/time for this poll?
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

5 days from when I put it up, so that would be tomorrow.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks so much for doing this Ascension....my trials have settled but I now need to catch up on all the work I've deferred....give me a week or so and I'll be back to normal.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

No problem, bro. It's not like it's hard or anything. Wait, I mean, phew, I almost killed myself
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Okay, top marks to DJ . . . again.

But I have to say I absolutely loved Juggernauts use of a home architect program (broderbund??). Totally sweet! As a gamer, cartographer, and carpenter it touched me at so many levels. Plus, I myself have done a fair share of dungeon building on a home arc. I thought it had a really smooth incorporation with the bigger image and format. I hereby award you the Boethius Blueprint Bonanza ribbon, for what it is worth.

That was tough - every entry deserves to win!

Excellent, excellent work everyone!
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

eya, just came back from holidays (without internet access ) so i hope my votes still count (the poll was still open so i guess it worked . Really hard as all entries look pretty pro. In the end i voted for immolate and GP's map. cheers!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast