Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: October Entry: temple transformation

Wip Now I'm done with level one...

Thanks to NeonKnight's sharp eyes and sense of ecclesiastic vocabulary, I've changed the names of the Apse and Vestry chambers. Rotated the compass rose 180 degrees, and moved one of the inner sanctum choir pedestals under the grid - that's it, everything is corrected.

Now onto level two - this should go much faster!

WIP so far...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monastery-level-1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	1086  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wip Level Two - completed!

I told you it would be faster! Level Two is complete.

I finally used 3D. The domes, cupalos and half dome are all 3D objects rendered in my old Raydream Studio with Nendo objects.

Although I could have easily created shaded circles in Xara, I wanted the lighted side to follow the gentle curves of the dome and cupalo just right. Surprisingly the colors I selected in Raydream was damn close to what I already created with the previous roof structures in Xara.

I really wanted to keep the two looking separate so I kept the original roofing with Xara and placed the 3D transparent PNG objects right on top. The tiny half dome at the top of the Dawn Luminary Apse dome isn't in the photo, its a cheat to cover a small 3D artifact at the top of the dome. It works though.

The Sacristy Gallery is where the holy books, scrolls and vestments are kept. Monks also copy these documents here in the sacristy. Although other documents are copied in the cloisterhouse behind this cathedral, the holy documents must be "near the goddess" for allowed copying.

The "niche" over the doorway into the Inner Sanctum below, is an open arch window that views the Dawn Luminary Apse below. Though rarely allowed, when an exceptional person or authority figure and family wish to witness: a marriage, baptism, right of passage, or funeral, they are allowed to watch from the gallery (the table here is moved to one of the side wings of the gallery).

You will also notice a lack of books and scrolls in the Sacristy Gallery, thats because there is a good ole fashion "book burning" going on in the inner court. This will be viewable when I map the monastery grounds.

Any comments?

WIP so far...

Name:	monastery-level-2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	1094  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

The 3d work is gorgeous! Very nice color.

Those stools are enormous, though!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Post Noticed that too, huh?

Well these priests have big, fat ... oh yeah, I guess 2.5 foot diameter seats are kind of big, aren't they. I can keep the books and scrolls oversized, but them stools need to be about half the size, don't they?

That's an easy fix!

I'll get to that and begin the cellar level after work tonight.
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Fixed the giant tools

Yeah the problem was that original map file was getting "meaty" so I created the tables with books and scrolls, and the stools on a separate sheet without any reference to scale. When I brought them into the map, I scaled to fit the niche in the walls, not really paying attention to the actual scale of the stools themselves.

I reduced them - everything fine now on level two. Thnx!

New WIP:

Views:	50 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	1119  
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Whoops I uploaded the wrong file...

I uploaded the old one, not the adjusted version... done.

Views:	53 
Size:	214.7 KB 
ID:	1120  
    DrivethruRPG store

Post Of course Ravs...

Tonight I plan to create the cellar level beneath the cathedral, including a priests crypt area. Oh you'll like this, the chamber beneath the vestry with the door in window in the photo, will be an infirmary, and sometimes used to perform exorcisms.

After the cellar, then I'll create the grounds, probably tomorrow.

In the grounds, I intend to create a kitchen, workshop, stable for the monastery's six mules, cloisterhouse to west of cathedral, and the on grounds cemetary behind that. All will be enclosed in a low wall pierced by 4 gates.

After that, I will create a regional map for the surrounding area - probably will use CC3 for that portion.

Yes, Ravs, but can you wait until tomorrow???
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Cellar, almost complete...

The Cellar took lots longer than I expected and I'm not even finished yet. I still need to add some furniture into the infirmary and some storage boxes and such into the under apse area.

I got some grid climbing up the walls, so that needs to be tweaked as well.

For something special, since the region beyond the walls under the inner sanctum and entry hallway touches below ground level (non-traverseable area) - I decided to create this entire walls and floor completely in 3D.

Another 20 minutes of work and the cellar is complete.

Yes, Ravs, tomorrow, the grounds....

WIP so far...

Name:	monastery-cellar.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	1121  
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast