Hi Everyone,
I'm new around here, and I thought it would be proper to introduce myself - I'm a long-time mapper who stepped away from creating for quite some years, and I'm just coming back to it. I suppose I'm dating myself by saying that no mapping software really existed when I started, and further dating myself when I say I've tried a few different programs and find myself preferring the pencil and graph paper to the mouse. I'm not averse to computers, not even slightly (they're a passion I've held for the same period, and I make my living being the alpha geek) so I'm hoping I can get some useful advice, learn, and improve my craft in the medium I prefer.

I recently joined a D&D game after a long time setting role-playing aside, and this rekindled my love of cartography. I used to create maps just for the sake of creating them, and it seems I am among kindred spirits here. I see a lot of spectacular work here and I'm looking forward to checking out other peoples' creations and hopefully drawing good ideas for my own use. Ultimately, I'm hoping that I can contribute back when I don't feel my work is rusty and lacking finesse.