Thread: February/March Entry: Lokasenna (Loki's Wrangling)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip February/March Entry: Lokasenna (Loki's Wrangling)

Seeing as how there are only two entries so far, I figured I'd give this a shot just to mix things up a bit.

The map I have in mind is a fairly simple one (although, whenever I am involved in something, it's never as simple as it seems ). It is based of the Poetic Edda - Lokasenna (Loki's Wrangling), which tells the tale of Loki's punishment after slaying Fimafeng (one of Aegir's servants) and repeatedly insulting the gods. It is suggested, at the end, that Loki's struggle against his bindings as venom drips upon his face, is the cause of earthquakes. It is very likely that I will take some creative liberties with the story (since there is some question as to whether or not Loki's punishment is connected with this particular incident) as well as the map, seeing as how I couldn't find a good topographical map (or DEM file for that matter) related to Hlesey Island (commonly thought to be Laeso Island in the real world).

I banged this early WIP together in about an hour. It's nothing special at this point and is going to need a bit more work, obviously. The scale will probably change a bit, and the labels, as they stand right now, are there more as bookmarks than anything else. I'll be adding in a few more rivers and other terrain features as well as more detailed labeling once I've settled on where things are going to be. I'm not expecting this to take more than another week to wrap up, but, as I said earlier, when I'm involved, things never go quite as expected.

GW

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MC-WIP-03-01-10-A.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	393.3 KB 
ID:	22490  
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges