Thread: loogies VTT object images

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default loogies VTT object images

well, i'm bored, so i thought i'd start a thread on here that i will attempt to add to with my off the wall additions... i'm figuring i'll start off with an inn setting, trying to make the objects you would find in an inn/tavern/bar... its really just something i'm doing whenever i'm bored... i've been using inkscape a lot at work for icons, and its got me more and more firmiliar with the software... so i thought i'd do a simple tin plate (something i've had trouble with realistically representing normally... now this is a pretty "realistic" version of this object, while as i've said in other attempts before i like to stay more cartoony, cause i find it saves me time... but i kept adding the this and playing around and this is what i came up with.. let me know what you think..

I'll try to add new ones as i do them, but it won't be a super regular deal... styles might switch too... if your looking for somethign specific for a game or whatever, mention it and i'll attempt to create them before anything random i come up with (sometimes it works.. sometimes i just wander)..

anyways without futher a doooooo

(i added some of my older stuff too.. to start a collection i guess)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wooden_Small_Round.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	22518  
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool

Blog Entries

Just want to say how cool this is... Looking forward to seeing them.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Saw these over on the maptool forums. They're great! Looking forward to seeing them all.

yeah i thought i posted em here too awhile ago (everything but the plate), but i kinda lost track... i'm still not entirely happy with the result.. the gradients took far to long to do in inkscape, not really enamoured with the gradient tools in the program (seem fairly unforgiving etc compared to other slider style ones like flash for instance) so it took a lot of extra time... if possible i'd like to go with a mix of both styles, cartoony with some extra to make it look a bit more realistic... we'll see, i'm experimenting as we speak

well i was bored again tonight, (what can i say, Battlefield Bad Company 2 is taking a crapload of time to download off steam due to a slow internet connection...

so.. heres a beer stein... you can't quite see the handle quite right, but its below the shell style flip handle, which is to big.. i'm gonna try fixing it, but i crashed inkscape and its to late, i need to goto sleep.. its also empty, cause another inkscape crash deleted my first attempt that was almost complete... c'est la vie...

if i can get fix it (should be able to, its vectors) i'll post er up tomorrow or something... this could also be some kind of covered jar i guess, something like that..

So i tried a second attempt at the beer mug, i'm getting used to the gradient tool, so there is a bit more gradient work on it, i think its a decent compromise to the time it takes to do gradients...