Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Untitled star system map

Thanks bro

Wow, it's gorgeous. The only suggestion I'd make is to make the star distribution a little less uniform. Have a look at a Web Comic called 'Crimson Dark' the author has little tutorials dotted around about how he does his space scenes. Worth a look (and it's a damn fine webcomic too).

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Wow-y... This looks really good. Although, I have to say, the blue/orange nebula thing is maybe a little too pervasive. It sort of gives the impression that I've accidentally taken eaten some of those mushrooms I'm not supposed to. They do add a uniqueness to the map, but you should try lowering the opacity in certain places, so that it feels a little less dominating.
    But I totally dig the simplicity, especially in the light of my own project.
    Everything else is pretty much on the money.

Thanks Daelin

I did a little editing, nothing major..
    I'm picking up a printed/laminated copy from Staples tomorrow.. can't wait to see what it looks like!
    Hoping to use this with my game rules to run a game.. one day. haha

Ravells your suggestion to read that comic reminds me of the book I just read, "Live free or die" by Troy Rising.
    Last edited by Fuse; 03-16-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nice, how big a map are you printing then (and how much does it cost?) I'm curious as the prices for big format print here are rather steep...
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Well actually I was getting it printed, but Staples keeps screwing me around.. I went there 3 days ago and they said it'd be the next day. The next day they said it would be another 30 mins.. 30 minutes later they said it would be the next day. The day after that it was printed, but got jammed and garbled in their laminator.

For a 20"x20" color on photo paper they were charging me 17$.. the lamination was about 6$. Not bad if they could actually get the print to me.. haha.

The quality looks good, but my image is slightly pixelated.. since my image said it was 20.135"x20.135" in photoshop, I thought it would come out perfect, but it seems like I was wrong. It's not terrible, just not as good as I was expecting. Anyone know how I can fix my image to print at a higher quality? I dunno if you can adjust dpi afterwards or what.. or if that is what the problem is.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wow, that's gorgeous! Makes me want to try my own space map now...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

you have to check in imagesize not only that its 20x20 inches, but also that it is in 300 dpi for press quality or at least 150 dpi for printing. If you need to size it upwards scale 10-15% at a time slowly getting to where you want to go, that would give you the best result - but never as good at actually working in that resolution from the beginning. Alternativly - mail it to me and I'll see what I can do
    And $17 is cheap... I want prices like that here!...
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Do you want the .PSD ? How should I send it to you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12