Thread: March Entry: Snow Country

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default March Entry: Snow Country

When my mother was a little girl, she lived in Akita, which is about 60 miles from Iwaizumi, so it appears. She always refers to that part of Honshu as Snow Country. She remembers walking to school in deep snow wearing straw boots, as was common in that part of the country. In honor to her, I will call this map of Iwaizumi, as Snow Country.

As the name suggests, I plan to do this in a snow bound state, as that is what the adventure mentions. Where my Yuleblood map was a bit cartoony this is intended to be more realistic. We'll see how that goes.

Here's a rough sketch. I created some 3D buildings just for some reference and to show show some Japanese details. I plan to do an iso-ish map - its only 250 poepole, its not likeI need to draw more than 30 or so buildings. So it should make a fine entry. Let me know what you think?

Other reasons for doing this in ISO is that I want to show terracing in the rice fields and other details that don't show well in top downs. As mentioned in Redrobes thread, I plan to place an inset probably in the top right of the map showing a regional view with mountain details.

This will be hand-drawn iso winter map... this should be fun!

GP

PS: I loaded the wrong imageso reuploaded the correct one, but I can't seem to delete the other one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iwaizumi-sketch.jpg 
Views:	669 
Size:	216.0 KB 
ID:	22525  
    Last edited by Steel General; 03-03-2010 at 06:35 AM. Reason: uploaded wrong image
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations