Thread: How to do cliffs

Post How to do cliffs

Hello,

So I am just starting out on my first map and ran into a stumbling point. The map is going to be for a hand out I use in an upcoming DnD game. I have played around with PRGMapMaker's brush' and they fit the style i'm going for perfectly, the only problem is the middle of this map is going to be cut through by a cliff. My utter lack of artistic skills have left me with no idea how to make a cliff. so my question is are there any cliff Brush's out there? Or a how to guide someone could point me too?

Thanks in advance.

opieself
    Last edited by opieself; 11-10-2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: misleading title sorry bout that

Can you post what you have so far? It would help to know more about the style of map you are creating. Depending on wether it is symbolic(road atlas), illustrative(drawn), or graphic (painted - photographic) each will have their own techniques as well as the type of perspective used changes how features are created.
    My debut novel, The Final Warden is available on Amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.

Please visit my blog for more information about my writing and my art

Please visit my sketchbook on Conceptart.org
    TomCardin

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Agreed. If you can let us know what software you're using as well we should be able to point you in the right direction.

There is such a tutorial somewhere around here, and it's rather good, too!
    If it doesn't help, try experimenting.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Try looking at this http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ighlight=cliff - and if it doesn't fit your style - post what you got so we can see how to help
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I stumbled upon this thread and was intrested . Im looking for the same thing in a "hand drawn" style ...