Thread: Hello! =)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hello! =)

Hi Everyone,

A long time ago, I was totally into D&D. I was a DM and at that time I did all of my maps by hand, creating them lovingly from the depths of my mind. Unfortunately, those maps of long ago are gone now.

I'm getting back into D&D and my life is very different from what it was then, you know, real job, social life and all of the other stuff that comes with being a good little adult. =)

I don't have the time to draw my maps lovingly by hand anymore so I need a good program that will allow me to build good maps without spending several days worth of free time on each one.

Basics about me: I'm female, work in IT, live in the greater Seattle area and have a son that I love very much.

Thank you,

GDelilah

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Well, hello to you too.

It's a real shame about those old maps. Its funny to look at stuff you might have created years ago. Sometimes you happen upon something you don't even remember making, and it brings back all sorts of great memories. Oh well...

If you have no experience with general graphics applications like Photoshop or GIMP, and especially if the maps you're making is for gaming, then I'd probably recommend Campaign Cartographer. I have never played D&D or even tried Campaign Cartographer myself, but a lot of people here use it and it can make some pretty nice maps. And I think its fairly easy to use, so it doesn't take too long to whip up a decent-looking map. But more experienced people could probably tell you more about that.

Welcome.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Look through the Finished Maps section and see what sort of style you want to emulate and then see what software was used for it. Glad to have ya here.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.