Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fractal Terrains Pro .... beta (?)

Quote Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
    [...] now the multiple-file saving doesn't work. What I should say is that it no longer actually saves the image files. It saves .fcw files everytime, and when HTML is turned on, creates and saves those files and the support (gif) files + fcw files. But no actual image files (jpg or bmp). Any ideas or suggestions? This wasn't a problem before.

I'd ultimately started running FT in admin mode, finding it more stable under Vista 64 (this could have just been my imagination though). With the beta installed, though, I found that I also had to activate compatibility mode (XP/SP2) to be able to save ftw files without crashes. At least after opening the program and then immediately 1) save as 2)choose .ftw as file type -> big crash (asking if I want to report problem). This wasn't something that happened before. Turning on compat. mode fixed this for me.

p.s., one new question: is there a way to simply export the river overlay still in a resolution independent vector format that can be read in other programs?
    I will probably get around to testing FT on Win7 one of these days. It's not high on my list at the moment, though, sorry.

I will take a look at the multi-export thing and see what broke. I haven't touched anything in there for years, but that doesn't mean that things didn't break.

There isn't a way of getting the river data out without going through CCx, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    I will probably get around to testing FT on Win7 one of these days. It's not high on my list at the moment, though, sorry.

I will take a look at the multi-export thing and see what broke. I haven't touched anything in there for years, but that doesn't mean that things didn't break.

There isn't a way of getting the river data out without going through CCx, sorry.
    I'm not worried about having to use compat. mode (in Vista, not Win7)...so please don't even worry about that. There are many programs that do better that way anyway.

If you're able to easily fix the mulit-export thing, that would rock. I did revert back to the pre-beta to check, and it did work fine then. So it is something different in the beta.

Thanks again for all your help....I'm re-enthused about FT Pro these days, and that's mostly due to your support!

D

Ralf emailed me a link to a new version of the beta software - an this fixes the Rivers and Multiple-File save issue now...fantastic. Thank you and your team for getting that last one fixed so quickly! It's all much appreciated!

You've saved me a couple steps now (I'd had to output 12x6 images for the rivers layer before, now just 6x3)!

Dave

Guild Apprentice

Did they ever fix the multi image cropping problem? That is not all of the screen displayed image (when that option was set) being exported to fcw files. To illustrate this suppose the map was a 4x4 box what is produced as a fcw file may have been only 3.5 x 3.5. The next layer down would lose a bit more and so on.
    Happiness is knowing your mapping software won't crash partway through an operation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12