Thread: any advice on how to create tapperd rivers in PS and or some effects for lake's / sea

Default any advice on how to create tapperd rivers in PS and or some effects for lake's / sea

hey ,

as the title mentions im lookign for some advice , preferably easy to understand on how to create tapperd rivers

as to the style it has to resemble old hand-drawn maps , Im workign on a greyscale "parchment"

but just drawign the rivers is not giving the result I want :p and other river tutorials cover different styles unfortneatly .. anyone have any sugestion ?

Also a "effect" for ponds , lake's or sea's would be nice to .

Usualy i make my "effects" as a pattern , invert the color and "rubb" it in where I need ( forests , mountains , swamps ect..)

thx in advance

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I handdraw my rivers - but I think it would be easier to help if you uploaded an example of what you've done - and even better yet if you add an example (or link to one) of what you want
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You should be able to do something with Brush Dynamics - I've fiddled with it quite some time ago.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Try this tutorial here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...s-in-Photoshop

I think that sounds like exactly what you're looking for

indeed thsi si what i was lookign for ^^