Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Mountain Realms

Maybe if you diversified the mountains a bit? A the moment the mountains round the desert is barely "line" mountains, and while they do exist I believe they're usually straight and not so neatly curved. Maybe some "breaking up" would make it look more believable. Just a thought, otherwise, nice job!
    Hannibal ante porcos!

Maps
    Eohl Galactic Chart The Shuayie Peninsula

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

thanks ... concidering the remark from Diamond earlier, I've been thinking of changing the circle to two chains of mountains that meet instead - so slowly but surely I hope to get there. Right now Im working on making some mountains look higher
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

So, I've changed the mountains and expanded the desert. I tried to place a scaled down rough copy of the city Breakwater (link in signature) but when I calculate how big it should be, I end up with only 2x2 pixels - so I'll go for some symbols instead... to bad...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	main-map-03..jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	22809
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Guild Apprentice Kaiser MacCleg's Avatar

I have to say, I really like the style of this map. I'm glad you decided to break up the ring of mountains, too - I like maps to make sense, which is probably why Mordor, with it's very own ring of mountains, was my least favourite feature on Tolkien's maps. Have some rep.

Guild Member

Still like it.
    Do i cant help thinking about the "oasis" in the dessert. i just think that soem trees ther wuth workout good? where there is water ther eis life, and the dessert has alot of nutrisem for plants if just water is added....

Just a tougth...

To bad about the scale and you city. but ho knows, migth be that icons will make you just as happy
    I love to do things in another way than everyone else... I hate to fail... Bad coctail.

Blog Entries

thanks Kaiser, yeah.. when I actually started to think.. I had to agree the the voices of reason in here... no circle *lol*
    ZB, thanks again - yep I'll add some threes there... and there will also be a city next to it... as a symbol...
    regs tilt

Maybe you could work on the rivers a little. Other than that, top!

Blog Entries

thanks - would you be so kind as to tell me what you feel could make the rivers better?
    regs tilt

Your main river seems to straight, Tilt. I'd throw in some curves and bends to follow the terrain, other than that, this is looking fine!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I like the new version better. Don't be afraid to run some forest along the rivers. Riparian areas are more common than not.

.TM7
    Currently using Photoshop CS3, GIMP, MapTool, and planning to try Inkscape, Illustrator and Wilbur "real soon now."
    Running and playing as much 4e as I can.
    All work I post here and refer to as "mine" can be used under this Creative Commons license

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast