Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reputation Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Reputation Question

Apparently, I'm getting rep and it's coming with comments. But I could only see 2 of them although it says I have more. How can I find these so I can read the comments?
    Last edited by Viriatha; 03-08-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: mistyped the thread name
    All maps created in Maptools unless noted otherwise.

World of Corruption

Click on Settings on the top menu of any page. This will show you your total REP and comments. The green blocks under your name gives you just your amount in REP. By clicking on the star at the bottom of someone's name block grants REP. Your REP is based on Time as a member, number of total posts and amount of REP you have.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-08-2010 at 01:49 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Is it possible to get multiple points from one person? I only see 2, which don't seem to account for the point total but may.

World of Corruption

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yes, if you are repped by someone who has a lot of rep then they will give you a lot of rep. Someone with only a little rep will give you a small amount. Every rep should show up there, so I'd guess that you've been repped twice by people with a decent chunk of rep of their own (other factors come into play too in that, but the more rep someone has, the more they dish out).

See the long row of green blocks under my name - I've been a member for over three years, I have over 2300 posts, and while not the highest, I have a pretty high REP score of 672 so when I grant REP mine is for 11 points (for example.) If a newbie grants you REP, you get nothing. If a reputable member gives you REP you get more, varies though.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Ok, thanks! I get it now

World of Corruption

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd like to add to that question - as I don't have any rep yet - if I rep someone - will that take effect if I ever get over 10 rep myself - or is it a wasted effort?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

They get grey rep - so they see your comment but it doesn't bump their score. That certainly is not to say that it's not worth repping someone until you get 10 rep. It's always nice to see the comments that people provide.

REP granting isn't backwards accountable - so since you have no REP, you grant no REP, but everyone appreciates your or anyone's recognition of good work - so its not wasted, but doesn't give any points. You need REP to grant REP for any points at all.

Edit: that's twice now on this thread that Torstan ninja'd me for the same answer!!!!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

I thought that everyone started by being able to give one point ?

Tilt or Veriatha, Find something you like, check their rep, then rep them and check again and see if your giving any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast