Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kitsumura, village in Kaidan

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nice with the little details - beautiful map
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Default Mujina Village Leader

While a Kitsune (Fox woman) is the spiritual leader of Kitsumura, her husband a Mujina (badger) is the village leader, and the person who finds and comes to the aid of the adventure party leading them to his village for refuge.

While I have artist created hengeyokai illustrations for Kaidan, I wanted a specific illustration for the village leader, but I didn't want to pay for it, so I did it myself. I found a badger head and shoulders photo online, and an Ainu chief in ceremonial garb, I combined the two in Xara, printed it out and used as a reference to create this illustration. I used the Color Picker on the photo to best match the colors, especially in the outfit.

I thought I'd post it here, instead of the General Forum, since its not a map, but belongs with this map.

I think it works!

Enjoy

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	musashi.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	496.5 KB 
ID:	22793  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-14-2010 at 04:52 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks really good - maybe a bit too much fur going out on the weapons belt
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

That's a fur belt, that's not "his fur".

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

It's quite good GP, far better than I could do, would he have a fur belt though? Wouldn't that be a bit like a man wearing a necklace of human ears or something?
    Saying that, I know little of Japanese folklore, so it may be entirely appropriate.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Only things to consider is that a Mujina is a predatory carnivore and he is a shape-changer, he is as much human as he is animal. And certain animals are not hengeyokai, including bear - which is the type of fur he is wearing. Though I agree, its a bit odd, he is a barbarian afterall.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-12-2010 at 02:12 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Default Here's the villages spiritual leader...

Since my Mujina turned out so well, I decided to continue the technique and apply it to another hengeyokai character in the storyline - this is the wife of the Mujina chieftan and spiritual leader of Kitsumura, a Kitsune Miko (Fox woman Shrine Maiden.)

Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kitsune-miko.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	22810  
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123