Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitsumura, village in Kaidan

Default Kitsumura, village in Kaidan

Well if this noticeably looks like my entry for this month's challenge, well yeah, I'm using the same 3D roofs as references and doing a hand-drawn map in the same style. But I need a differnt layout, I don't need walls for my "big house", and the terrain will be completely different though I will feature a stream and a couple waterfalls, as well as being surrounded by rocky hills, with a chasm entrance.

I learned much from this month's challenge and applying that new found knowledge in this map.

Kitsumura (means: Fox Village) will be home to a community of hengeyokai - kitsune, tanushi, and a few others (fox, badger and racoon dog shape changers.) It is a key rest area, between threats for the PC party in the second part of the second adventure of The Gift: Part 2 - Dim Spirit, scheduled for publication in May 2010.

For the new guys who don't know, this my setting and mini-intro campaign I am developing and publishing for Pathfinder RPG - its what gives me "publisher" status. I have already published the first adventure of this in The Gift Part 1, in October 2009. Kaidan is a feudal Japan based setting steeped in Asian Horror. (Kaidan means Horror or Ghost Story.)

Give me a couple days to decorate this thing... enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yokai-village.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	719.5 KB 
ID:	22671  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-09-2010 at 03:49 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That looks damn nice... I would throw in some Indigo though *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Looks nice! Can't wait to see the finished work, I'm sure it will give me some tips to help me out with my own artwork, which is very similar.
    http://fred73fr.deviantart.com/art/V...view-125659760

Default Stream waterfall and some color

Some color added just to get a feel on how the final product should look. I hand drew a stream with waterfall - its only half drawn, still the left side to create. I intend to place an arched bridge over the stream from the village. Although there will be some rice fields, the village will be surrounded by rising rocky ground.

Moving right along - enjoy!

GP

Name:	kitsumura.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	520.4 KB 
ID:	22687  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Looks great. The waterfall is awesome. I usually wait for the end but have some rep for this one as it's already nice.
    M

[edit]Okay, guess I've got to wait a while before repping anyway. [/edit]

Blog Entries

looking good ... 2 issues, but they might be something you just havent done yet.
    1. the begginng of the river is a bit strange - looks like it just begins, not that it has flown from somewhere (because of the ground behind it)
    2. The height of the village seems of, as the house look like they are all on the same level, but the waterfall tells us otherwise.. .
    but super map - and great colors
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Yeah, I'm working on that... I don't think I have the waterfall and the village on the same angle - so I built the creek bed in 3D and using it as reference to get the angle right, I'll post something up later today, to show the difference. I noticed it right after I created this and struggled to decide if I should do the waterfall over again - so I am.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

beautiful waterfall though
    regs tilt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice stuff here GP...the water seems a bit 'pastel-y' to me, but maybe it fits with the overall color scheme better. *shrugs*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Default Next Update

I've replaced the waterfall and stream, as well as created a background of highlands. I need to add in the arched bridge and the many required trees.

I liked the other waterfall, almost better, but its angle was completely wrong.

GP

Name:	kitsumura-01..jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	22744  
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast