Thread: Programming lesson visualization

Map Programming lesson visualization

Just a little map I did at work for the students - they have to find an algorythm to connect all the islands the cheapest way. To understand what it's about they get this map and some little cards with the connections which they place on the map at the right places and they then start removing all the connections that are not needed. Later they program this in Java. So it's not really a game but more a puzzle... I didn't have much time for this (about 4 hours), so be nice! :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	islands..png 
Views:	224 
Size:	3.44 MB 
ID:	22672

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very nice - especially in four hours.. and a great idea for learning too
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

ok... maybe more like 5 to 6 hours... (hard to say as I worked on some stupid robot drawings simultaneosly) and I have yet to make the accompaning cards. Of course I "stole" a lot - I used photoshop brushes from the internet (except for the houses and the trees - which are all the same, of course....) and the paper background already came with the lovely border. I also stole the look from another fantasy map I found online... so I guess one could say I cheated a lot *g*.